Hello everyone. We will be having our annual meeting on Thursday, March 3, 2011 at the trap club starting around 7:30. We have many things to discuss and will be electing three new board members. Hope to see everyone there.
Our monthly board meeting was held on March 1, 2010. Here are the highlights.
- We are still looking for trap boys/girls for summer league.
- Election of officers for the following year. Check our Board of Directors page to see how the positions were filled.
- There will be a work day at the trap club tentatively scheduled for April 10. We will be getting things ready for the year and help would be appreciated.
- We will be putting in an actual parking lot this spring. Black dirt will be stripped and fill brought in. Hopefully it will be done before league starts.
- Our annual cash raffle will be pushed back until the first chicken shoot on July 10. Tickets will be available several weeks ahead of time
- We will be open on March 27 during the Alumni Tournament. There will be open shooting and food during the afternoon and a DJ at night.
- We will be ordering collapsible six pack coolers with our logo. Get yours for summer league to keep yours and your mates refreshments cool.
- Our next meeting will be held April 5.
Good morning everyone. I know in the last post I promised to put the date of the annual meeting on the site, sorry it didn’t happen. The meeting kind of snuck up on me and we had it Thursday evening. Anyways here are some of the highlights for everyone.
- Hall rental prices and policies will remain the same for the following year.
- Beer prices will remain the same. 15 for $20.00 at club functions and $2.00 otherwise.
- Membership and sponsorship fees will remain the same as last year.
- I would like to tell you that shells will not go up but I can’t do that. Shell price will vary according to whatever price we have to pay. As in previous years we will have Winchester AA and a cheaper alternative available.
- We pay our building loan bi-annually and voted to authorize a payment of $5961.60 to be paid in January.
- If anyone is interested or may know of someone who is, we are in need of trapboys or girls for summer league.
- Our cashier for summer league will be Karen once again. Everyone thank her when you see her because it seems to be a thankless job.
- We will be getting a PED defibrillator for the club thanks to donations from Vinnie, a matching donation from Hooper Corporation, and a donation from the FFA Alumni. Thanks everyone.
- We will be bringing in a few more pool tables and participating in the Loyal City Wide Pool Tournament in March. I will post more details when we have them.
- Summer league will start April 29th this year and run until August 12th. On the evening of April 28th we will also be open for practice. We also be open the two Saturdays before league begins, April 17th and April 24th for anyone who wishes to shoot. New shooters and anyone who wishes to give it a try are especially welcome. As we get closer to the season I will post more details.
- Once again we will have a cash raffle before summer league starts. It will be the same as last year and I will post details when we are ready to begin selling tickets.
- Lastly we elected some new board members for a three year term. Doug, George, and Pat all had expiring terms. Pat was renominated and he accepted. Johnny O and Rick were also nominated and excepted. All three were approved unanimously.
That pretty much raps up most of the discussion at our meeting. As a side note if anyone couldn’t access the website this morning for a while it was because I was updating some software but all should be well now.