The trap club will be open for the alumni basketball/volleyball tournaments being held this weekend. We will also be having a DJ on Saturday night. Welcome back everyone who is participating.
Are you getting cabin fever? I know I sure am… Can’t wait for the warm sun to shine down on me and of course shoot my shot gun. This year trap will start April 25th with the practice night on April 18th. If you would like to shoot on Saturday in March or April come on out we will be open. We would love to see new faces out there so bring a friend.
This year’s annual meeting will be held April 4th at 7:00pm. We would love to see all of you there. We are looking for volunteers for a cook. Let us know if you are interested.
Barstool races on February 23rd doors open at noon and race start a 1:00pm. Entry fee is as follows: $25 to enter $20 for the winner of the combined races, $5 for the best costume. Here are the rules, click to download. Bar Stool Races Rules.pdf We will have Christmas tree bonfire that day also. Big Thanks to Joe Weyer for donating fire wood to keep us all warm. The Snow angles will be serving chili all day. At 4:00pm we will have a bean bag tournament. So come hungry and ready for tons of fun.
Once again there will be a shuffle board tournament will be in March.
Pool tournament will also be in March dates will be posted on our website.
We are going to keep trying on these steak feeds till we get it right! This steak feed will be held on March 30th serving from 5-10pm. We will be serving rib eye, sirloin, and stuffed Cornish hens. Meals will be $16 with two of those dollars going into a raffle. Other raffles may be available that night.
See you all at the Loyal Sportsman’s Club!
I apologize for not getting the scores up earlier or getting them in the paper this week. I had a hard drive failure on the data drive on my computer and it took longer than anticipated to recover everything. Everything is now working and the scores and scoring sheets are done. The new standings are on the standings page. We had another good week of shooting with many high scores for teams and individuals alike. Congratulations to last weeks high guns: Jon Counsell 48, Erika Ehlers 46, Ryan Aumann 46, Rich Schroeder 46, Jim Goodbrand 46, and Rick Mews 46.
For anyone who hadn’t made it out this weekend the chicken shoot was a big success with shooting lasting all day. After shooting we had our Rock the Range event with two bands that both did an excellent job. It was a great success. We also had a great fireworks show between performances, it may have been the best one we have had yet and everyone there seemed pleased. We also raffled off our yearly cash prizes. Congratulations to all the winners.
See everyone Thursday
Saturday, July 14, 2012 at the Loyal Sportsman’s Club we will be having our Rock the Range event. Starting at 11:00 AM we will be having a chicken shoot. There will be back-ups, singles, annie oakley and other shoots going on and food and drinks available. Come join the fun, everyone is welcome. We will be drawing for our annual raffle also with the top prize of $2000. Starting at 8 PM live music will begin. Midnight Rider will be playing until 9:30 with fireworks following. At around 10:00 PM Get Bent will play until midnight. Come out and shoot some trap and listen to some live music with Midnight Rider and Get Bent. Rock the Range is sponsored by Grassland, R & K Trucking, Weyer Refrigeration, Turf Tamers LLC, Aumann Siding, Benz Sawmill, Children’s House of Montessori, Hansen Trucking, and R & R Flooring. Come on out to Rock the Range.
Our barstool races held on February 25, 2012 have been a great success. We had several entries racing for the greatest prize of all, their pride. Thanks to all the guys for making sure their was snow and a nicely groomed track to slide down. Check out the gallery with all the photos. Thanks to Edward A Asselin for the photos from the entire day, without which our picture gallery would not be. You can find the pictures here: 2012 Barstool Races
Saturday February 25, 2012 we will be having bar stool races at the trap club. $20 dollar entry fee and 100% payback. Inspection begins at noon and racing at 1:00 pm. For now here are the basic rules. Click here Bar Stool Races Rules.pdf for a downloadable and printable copy. These rules may be updated at any time so check back frequently.
How to Build Your Race Sled
- Gravity power ONLY.
- One bar stool mounted on two skis.
- Minimum height of stool with skis attached — 27 inches.
- Maximum outside width of skis at their widest point — 18 inches.
- No outriggers of any kind allowed.
- No ribs or cutters.
- Maximum width of individual skis — 5 inches.
- Minimum width of individual skis — 2 inches.
- Length of skis is open.
- Composition of skis is open.
- All race sleds must be inspected prior to the race.
- Be prepared for snow or grass downhill track.
- Should have a push bar mounted on the back for a pushing start.
- Three man teams.
- Push off from Start Line at starters signal.
- Must ride the stool sitting down, drinking position, butt on top of the stool, and feet not touching the ground.
- Push Zone is 23 feet long.
- Must be seated on the stool and both pushers must not be touching the rider or the stool as they cross the Foul Line at the end of the Push Zone.
- No show at the Starting Line when called forfeits the race and entry fee.
- Helmets for the rider are required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Full entry fee must accompany Waiver of Responsibility signed by all three team members.
- Interference with another racer forfeits race and entry fee.
- Each team member rides the sled once.
- No rocking at the end of the run is allowed. Stay seated until officially measured.
- No modifying sleds after inspection and racing begins. Repairs can be made but only to the original inspected state.
We will be having a bean bag tournament on Wednesday October 23, 2011 at the trap club. Our doors will open at 6:00 pm. I will post more information as I get it so check back frequently.
Come join us for our Holiday’s party for some live music on December 30, 2010. We will be featuring the band Divided Highway. Checkout their website, their Facebook page and their MySpace page. They have played at Rock Fest, Country Fest, and opened for .38 Special.
The club will be opened Thursday evening by 6:00 pm and the band will start around 8:00 pm. We will be doing a food drive for the local food pantry that night again so remember to bring a non perishable food item. Hope to see everyone there.