Saturday February 25, 2012 we will be having bar stool races at the trap club. $20 dollar entry fee and 100% payback. Inspection begins at noon and racing at 1:00 pm. For now here are the basic rules. Click here Bar Stool Races Rules.pdf for a downloadable and printable copy. These rules may be updated at any time so check back frequently.
How to Build Your Race Sled
- Gravity power ONLY.
- One bar stool mounted on two skis.
- Minimum height of stool with skis attached — 27 inches.
- Maximum outside width of skis at their widest point — 18 inches.
- No outriggers of any kind allowed.
- No ribs or cutters.
- Maximum width of individual skis — 5 inches.
- Minimum width of individual skis — 2 inches.
- Length of skis is open.
- Composition of skis is open.
- All race sleds must be inspected prior to the race.
- Be prepared for snow or grass downhill track.
- Should have a push bar mounted on the back for a pushing start.
- Three man teams.
- Push off from Start Line at starters signal.
- Must ride the stool sitting down, drinking position, butt on top of the stool, and feet not touching the ground.
- Push Zone is 23 feet long.
- Must be seated on the stool and both pushers must not be touching the rider or the stool as they cross the Foul Line at the end of the Push Zone.
- No show at the Starting Line when called forfeits the race and entry fee.
- Helmets for the rider are required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Full entry fee must accompany Waiver of Responsibility signed by all three team members.
- Interference with another racer forfeits race and entry fee.
- Each team member rides the sled once.
- No rocking at the end of the run is allowed. Stay seated until officially measured.
- No modifying sleds after inspection and racing begins. Repairs can be made but only to the original inspected state.